Every year, people make New Year’s resolutions. These can vary from person to person, and they can be something tiny (like flossing every day) or something life-changing (like losing a significant amount of weight).
For 2017, some of the most popular New Year’s resolutions include:
- healthier lifestyles
- better organization
- picking up new hobbies
- saving money
No matter your what your resolutions are, the hardest part is sticking with them.
Our goal is always to help our patients achieve their highest quality of life, and positive changes can make that goal much more attainable. Read below for some tips to help you stick with your New Year’s resolutions from the team at Neck & Back Medical Center.
Stick With Your Resolutions in Laguna Hills, California
Setting your sights on personal goals and positive changes in the New Year is a great first step. The next step is seeing these resolutions through. Some of the following tips and tricks may help reinforce your dedication to your resolutions, and make for a truly wonderful 2017.
- Write your resolutions down: Not that you would forget, but writing down your resolutions and leaving them in a place you’ll see them every day (like your refrigerator, or on your desk at work) can be a simple way to make sure you stay focused on your goals.
- Start small: Big dreams are good, but if your New Year’s resolutions are too lofty, you’ll be more likely to throw in the towel. Work your way up from goals that are easier to accomplish while chipping away at long-term resolutions over the course of the year.
- Tell someone: Preferably a friend or family member who can help you stay accountable. You might even pair up with someone who has a similar resolution so you can keep each other honest.
- Incentivize achievement: Work off a rewards system — like treating yourself to your favorite latte if you get up early to make it to the gym before work, or getting one new item you love for your house every time you finish organizing a room.
- Give yourself a break: If your goal is to make healthy eating choices, choose one day a week you’ll let yourself splurge. If you want to stop using your credit cards, decide in advance what emergencies would warrant the use of plastic.
Do any of these ideas sound like they would work to help keep you on track with your New Year’s resolutions? Let us know how we can help. The team at Neck & Back Medical Center is always available to help you maximize your health, quality of life and happiness.