If you’ve been in a collision you need to make sure you haven’t suffered any traumatic brain injury or whiplash. Sometimes that diagnosis is missed. If you’ve been in a car accident you need to take a look at this. Read more.
Neck & Back Medical Center is focused on one ultimate goal: achieving the highest quality of life for each of our patients. Conditions like scoliosis can jeopardize the level of activity and comfort of our patients. We treat it with a multidisciplinary, holistic approach right here in our clinic. Scoliosis, or a curved spine, can make life difficult for patients who are striving for a comfortable, active life. Read below to learn more about this condition and the treatment options available at Neck & Back.
Scoliosis Diagnosis and Treatment in Laguna Hills, CAWhat is scoliosis? Scoliosis is a deformity that occurs when the spine becomes abnormally rotated and curves sideways. Though it is known to run in families, most cases of scoliosis have no known cause. Scoliosis without a cause is called idiopathic scoliosis, and may occur in three different stages of life:
- Infantile idiopathic scoliosis: from birth to 3 years old
- Juvenile idiopathic scoliosis: from 4 to 9 years old
- Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: from 10 to 18 years old
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Birth defects
- Genetic conditions
- Changes in gait or way a person walks
- Reduced flexibility and range of motion
- Trouble breathing
- Cardiovascular problems
Neck & Back Medical Center has many resources that help us provide you with the best possible care to improve your symptoms. One of our greatest resources is our state of the art technology, like the M6 therapy laser. With years of experience, a comprehensive treatment method, and our advanced technological systems, the team at Neck & Back can find a treatment plan for any individual, no matter your symptoms or ailments. Read below to learn more about how the M6 therapy laser helps our patients on their path to recovery.
The M6 Laser in Laguna Hills, CaliforniaNeck & Back Medical Center is one of the few clinics in Laguna Hills to use the M6 therapy laser. This laser is a robotized multi-target device, meaning it follows instructions from a computer program. We use this machine to treat a wide variety of ailments. The M6 laser has a number of advantages that make it a better option than traditional laser therapy products. The most distinctive feature of the M6 laser is it’s multi-target functionality. Because of features of the MLS multi-diodic optical group, the M6 laser can treat a wide area instantly, creating rapid results and streamlining the treatment process. Technical features of the M6 Laser include:
- Power up to 3.3 W
- 5 cm diameter target area
- High-efficiency red light LEDs
- Back-lit graphic touch-screen display
- Simultaneous management of two independent channels
- Variable or fixed duty cycle
- Automated calculation of the emitted energy according to pre-set parameters
- Laser emission warning light
- Acoustic signal for beginning and end of therapy
- Password protection
- Language options
Though treatment options have been limited throughout history, Neck & Back has had much success treating the harmful nerve damage disorder known as neuropathy. For our patients undergoing treatment, we want to explore all the options that could bring you more comfort. Read below to learn about the potential benefits of neuropathy therapy socks.
Neuropathy Therapy Socks: How Do They Work?First, what is neuropathy? Neuropathy is a condition that means your peripheral nerves have been damaged or aren’t functioning correctly. This condition can be inherited at birth, or developed later in life due to a number of potential causes. Symptoms include:
- loss of sensitivity to pain and temperatures
- greater risk of infection
- muscle weakness
Neuropathy Treatment at Neck & Back Medical CenterWe hope you explore neuropathy therapy socks as a way to make daily activities more comfortable, but we know socks are no substitute for the tried-and-true treatment methods at our clinic. For long-term, permanent recovery, Neck & Back uses the following treatment methods:
- Electro analgesia: attaches electrodes to affected areas to override neuropathic pain signals
- Laser Therapy: improves blood function, strengthen blood vessels, and stimulate nerves
Every year, people make New Year’s resolutions. These can vary from person to person, and they can be something tiny (like flossing every day) or something life-changing (like losing a significant amount of weight). For 2017, some of the most popular New Year’s resolutions include:
- healthier lifestyles
- better organization
- picking up new hobbies
- saving money
Stick With Your Resolutions in Laguna Hills, CaliforniaSetting your sights on personal goals and positive changes in the New Year is a great first step. The next step is seeing these resolutions through. Some of the following tips and tricks may help reinforce your dedication to your resolutions, and make for a truly wonderful 2017.
- Write your resolutions down: Not that you would forget, but writing down your resolutions and leaving them in a place you’ll see them every day (like your refrigerator, or on your desk at work) can be a simple way to make sure you stay focused on your goals.
- Start small: Big dreams are good, but if your New Year’s resolutions are too lofty, you’ll be more likely to throw in the towel. Work your way up from goals that are easier to accomplish while chipping away at long-term resolutions over the course of the year.
- Tell someone: Preferably a friend or family member who can help you stay accountable. You might even pair up with someone who has a similar resolution so you can keep each other honest.
- Incentivize achievement: Work off a rewards system — like treating yourself to your favorite latte if you get up early to make it to the gym before work, or getting one new item you love for your house every time you finish organizing a room.
- Give yourself a break: If your goal is to make healthy eating choices, choose one day a week you’ll let yourself splurge. If you want to stop using your credit cards, decide in advance what emergencies would warrant the use of plastic.
New Year’s resolutions are great, but why wait for 2017 to start prioritizing your health and happiness? Holidays may be a time for rest, relaxation, and indulgence, but there are ways to stay on track, even during the most festive season of the year. Neck & Back Medical Center wants to share some easy ways to stay healthy, avoid illness, and make better choices for your well-being this holiday season.
Healthier Holidays in Laguna Hills, CaliforniaStay Well ‘Tis the season for stuffy noses, sniffles, and coughs that just won’t quit. To avoid this year’s endless sequence of colds that are ‘going around,’ be sure to take the following precautions:
- Wash your hands well and often. This means soap, water, and at least 20 seconds of scrubbing.
- Bundle up. Stay dry and warm with appropriate outdoor clothing.
- Manage stress, and get plenty of sleep. A well-rested body is better equipped to fight off illness.
- Eat before you go to holiday parties. This may seem counterintuitive, but it will keep you from overindulging in party treats.
- Drink more water to balance out excess sodium and food intake.
- Choose vegetables and healthy proteins first at the buffet table, then go for the more high-calorie dishes.
- Go for a walk or a run, especially on days where you know you will be eating more than usual.
- Plan family activities outdoors, like flag football, a family stroll through the neighborhood, or even just throwing a frisbee.
- Schedule your day to include time for exercise. Just because it’s not a normal workday, doesn’t mean a little structure won’t help.
Happy Holidays from the Neck & Back TeamThe team at Neck & Back Medical Center wants to wish all of our wonderful patients an enjoyable, relaxing holiday season. As 2016 comes to a close and you prepare for a brand New Year, we send our best wishes for peace, love, health, and happiness. Take some time as the year winds down to remember the best moments from this year — what was your favorite part of 2016? And as you look to the New Year, set new goals and objectives — what do you hope will be your favorite part of 2017? As always, the Neck & Back team wants to help our patients and loved ones achieve the highest quality of life. Let us know how we can be a part of your health and happiness in 2017. Happy holidays to all, and a very merry New Year!
It’s no secret that as children our nutritional needs change as we grow up and become more active. But did you know that your nutritional needs change as you age throughout adulthood, too? As we grow older, the concept of a healthy diet remains the same — we need a balanced and nutritious diet to help us look and feel our best. However, the composition of our diet can be adjusted to best satisfy our needs in every age bracket. Keep reading to learn what foods make up the healthiest diet for your age range and body.
The Best Diet for (All of) Your Best YearsIn Your 20s and 30s If you’re in this age range, chances are you have a pretty busy schedule. School, work, social obligations, exercise, and chores fill up your schedule. You may wonder how anyone has time to consider nutrition with everything else you have going on, but it’s important to make your diet a priority in your 20s and 30s. The way you eat now sets the tone for your health in the future. Considering having a family? Start forming the healthy habits now that you hope your children will adopt as they grow and learn. Remember to incorporate the following into your diet to be sure you are getting the proper nutrients for your current and future health:
- Calcium-rich foods
- Whole grains
- Antioxidant-rich foods
- Iron-rich foods
- Vitamin D
- Omega-3 fats from fish and eggs
- Whole greens
- Heart-friendly foods
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D